Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

roach help

i clean im not the neatest person but i try well i have a roach problem yuck i cant get ride of them i have put bug traps and sprayed like crazy my question is does my landlord have to fumigate the house or do i have to pay for it need help please and if you have any tips please let me know wat i can do

Answer Question

Asked by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 12:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

Level 6 (122 Credits)
Answers (3)
  •  Talk to your landlord..maybe if he wont pay for it all he'll pay 50/50. In the meantime..Borax powder. all around the outside. On counter tops by seams. There is a great product called Roach Prufe. It's main ingredient is Borax. It works great but it is like almost $10 a can. It is FDA approved and SAFE. Here is the website



    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

  • Where I live, the landlord is responsible for that, especially if its roaches. But it may vary by state. You can call your local heath dept. or housing authority to be certain. Though I know like someplaces they seem unavoidable, they really are a health hazard. Some companies will refuse to even do the work if the landlord doesn't sign off on it, because you are not the property owner.

    Answer by Lesli at 6:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

  • borax and bay leaves. keep all sufaces dry.

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.