Have you heard of ERF somewhere else other then Cafemom?

I surely haven't, nor have I MET another mom who knew about it. If its such a safety thing then why isnt is enforced or more common?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• No I had never heard of it nor do I know ONE parent who thinks this is an issue. Its just something for new unexperienced moms to get catty about.
    momto2boys851

Answer by momto2boys851 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Because it's like EBF..some mom's get all testy. They think their kids being scrunched backwards is more important than safety.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• No, I hadn't. It SHOULD be something that is involved in car seat laws if you ask me. All you have to do is look at the different clips on youtube that show testing (like with car crash dummies) and use common sense to know it's a good thing.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• thats why i love CM i feel like im a way better parent to my 1 year old than i was wneh my 3 year old was 1... im way more informed.... not if i could only undo the things i did in teh past!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Why is that? Because someone informed you of something and now you can look down upon the moms who don't agree with it?
    Anonymous

• Extended rear facing is more a HAZARD when you are trying to drive and you have a child that is so miserable they are screaming at the top of their lungs. You have to evaluate the WHOLE picture. There is certainly some advatage to it, but if the advatages don't outweigh the risks then it is a BAD thing. Try this scenario. I strap my 22 months old in ERF. Immediately he is screaming. He can't extend his legs and he is pissed off. My 4 and 7 yr old get in their boosters. I get in to drive. My 4 & 7 yr olds keeping begging me to make the baby stop screaming. They too are now upset by the whole situation. Meanwhile little Mr ERF is still screaming at the top of his lungs. I have handed him toys, cheerioes, tried singing..nothing works. I am frazzled and distracted. In the midst of telling the oldest 2 to sit back and be quiet I T-Bone a 72 yr old elderly woman and her hip is shattered. True story. My life, last spring.
    Anonymous

• Is that extended rear facing? If so my pediatrician told me at my daughters 12 month check up that the American Academy of Pediatrics recomendations had changed to rear facing for 2 years and longer if possible. So, yes I've heard it other than on Cafe mom.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• ANON 12:33 i AM SO SORRY TO HEAR YOUR STORY!
    Anonymous

• I heard about it first on Babycenter. But I have only ever heard about it on Cafemom and Babycenter. I know no one who really does it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Many here ERF their kids. We know it is safer.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2009