Honestly...were you a fan of Michael Jackson?

I was and I would like to read nothing but positive posts about him whether or not you liked him.
He was a human being, he is iconic and will go down in history. Not you or millions of other people will ever know the truth about the alleged allegations held against him, so keep those opinions to yourself. I want respectful replies, lay off the pedophile jokes and for once try to remember someone for all the good they did!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• I am and always will be. Like you said, he was a human being first and foremost. He probably died in PAIN. That is a fact that I just can't handle. Cardiac arrest is serious business. I don't care if he hurt those kids or not. I am comfortable with never knowing the truth about that subject.

But nobody, NOBODY on this earth can deny the influence he had on music and entertainment. Without him, nothing would be as it is today.

I wasn't a total MJ freak or anything, but I respected him for the entertainer he was.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Honestly, I completely agree with you. I didn't pay much attention to the news the past...oh, what?5-7 years? Because he was such a huge icon that no matter what was said about him, no one can ever change the fact that he was, and will remain, a HUGE part of pop culture and WILL go down in history as such.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Of course, he is only 2 years older than me, I had every Jackson 5 album! I grew up with him. He just got too famous. We will hear his voice forever.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I was during the thriller days, but not since then.
    lovemydivas

Answer by lovemydivas at 12:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• No, not really.I recognize his talent and understand the iconic-ism behind him just like I do Elvis(not a fan of his either). But I never really listened to pop music.

asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 12:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• honestly, no. And I dont think he died from cardiac arrest either. I think he died on the table getting another nose job
    Anonymous

• yes....not a HUGE fan or anything but yes....
    Anonymous

• Not a fan, except in the 80's I thought he was pretty cool and I do like some of his songs from that era. I do agree that he was a great entertainer, and an icon, but clearly had a troubled personal life (whether the molestation allegations are true or not, there is no denying he had issues). I am sad he is gone, sad he left this world too soon, sad for what could have been for him, and my heart truly does go out to his family, his friends and his many fans who loved him and never stopped believing in him.
    Mama2JoshKatie

Answer by Mama2JoshKatie at 12:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Yes I always was and still am. I used to have the biggest crush on him when I was younger! I grew out of it but I still loved him.
    Anonymous

• When I was 9--back in 1983..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2009