Have you ever been screamed at for EBF or EFF anywhere except CafeMom?

I honestly haven't. I've heard people (usually anons) talk about how people yell at them in the store for whipping out a can of formula to feed their baby. I have never experienced this in my daughter's six months of life.

I can understand EBF getting more flack for public breastfeeding though (which is silly in my opinion).

I dunno, I guess people mind their business in my town.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The only place Ive ever had anyone wig out at me over my parenting choices was here on CM and on Babycenter.
    No one in real life has ever had issues with how I do things.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Nope, can't say that I have. I think its more uncommon to see someone breast feeding then formula feeding. Truthfully, if someone yelled at me, I would yell back. That person has no right to make the assumption that she is the one who can make the decisions of what will go on in my childs life.
    Anonymous

• Nope, never been yelled at for a lot of things that I am on here. Being behind the computer screen makes people different.
    Anonymous

• Alot of people need verification for decisions they make. My best friend and I had totally different methods and occassionally went head to head, of course she was usually wrong. Actually we learned that everyone has to make the decision that they are comfortable with. It's all choice.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• who's to say that she was wrong? Because her decisions were different then yours that made them wrong?
    Anonymous

• I'm a proud EFF, and I saw a woman publicly BF her tiny little baby boy. I thought it was so beautiful! I wish there wasn't so much of a stigma about it. And I agree with you anon, I've barely ever seen anyone breastfeeding in public. My cousins did it with their kids, and I've seen maybe one or two strangers, but that's about it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I was kidding about her being wrong. Did you get the whole post? It's all life lessons.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 12:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I have had dirty looks for breastfeeding....I would have dared someone to have gotten in my face. Who needs a water gun when you can milk em!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i get crap in real life for bf in public, but some of the moms on here are extremely ignorant and unnecessarily harsh about breastfeeding. but it doesn't bother me really, it just strengthens my belief that what i'm doing is right for us. the one thing that does bother me is when women make statements like: you do it for your own selfish reasons, your sick, that's bordering on abuse, etc., because another mom may read that and not even try to breastfeed (if she originally wanted to).
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I breastfed all three of my boys and nobody ever had anything negative to say to me in public. I did have an older woman praise me and say she thought I was doing a wonderful thing for my babies. Of course I see nothing wrong with formula. My youngest drank formula when he was a little older because I wasn't making enough milk do I did a little of both.
    Anonymous