Was I being cheap?

I went to the hair salon. the bill was $150 I tipped $25

Was $25 a poor, fair, or generous tip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• fair
    Anonymous

• im ive charged people that and not gotten a tip, so i would say that was a very nice tip!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Fair. I usually do 15%
    Anonymous

• fair. i would have given 20% ($30) unless the service sucked
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I usually give 20%, so that wasn't a bad tip.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I think it was a nice tip.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I feel it was a good tip. I don't know the going rate but to me a 25 dollar tip would be very nice.
    sherry2031

Answer by sherry2031 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• ok thanks!! I got this weird look from the cashier guy, I couldnt tell if he was going "wow you cheapo" or "damn nice tip" .. still not sure what his look meant but at least I know I wasnt being cheap. I wasnt even thinking about what 20% would be, I would have added the other $5 but it didnt occur to me until after I left. I thought 25 sounded fair anyways, it's not like she had to devote 2 hours to my hair, she cut two other clients hair while the color was setting! lol
    Anonymous

• I believe that with a hairstylist you must be generous. She has the power to give you a really bad hair cut, which to me, would be very upsetting. I only go to better salons, as I've had one to many unsatisfactory haircuts at the lesser salons.

If I get a great cut and the hairstylist was really nice, I tip her well (20%) so that when I return in 6 weeks she will once again do a great job. To me, this is the last person in the world you want to piss off.
    Anonymous

• It depends did the same person do you cut, color and wash? I used to go to a salon where one girl washes my hair ($3 tip) one cut it ($15 tip) and one colored it ($30 tip) I decided all of the tipping for each person was too much so I went to a salon where the same lady did everything. I tipped her $35 for cut, color, wash and style. I think $25 was fine. If more than one person is doing each thing you really have to tip each person though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2009