how often do you change your shower curtain liner?

just curious

Asked by AgentBrez at 12:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When its time to do it. lol. I'm not really sure on a time, if I had to guess probably once a year. We don't really have a mold problem, just the hard water build up, so I wash it (yes you can wash your curtain liner - just don't put it in the dryer!) probably after 6 months, then when its time to do it again I buy a new one.

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• When we had one we changed it about every six months. Now we have shower doors and I hate them, I can not get them clean enough. UGH!

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Probably when it turns black around the edges or tears HAHAHAHA.

I know that's horrible, but I'm being honest here =]

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I just spray it down with soap (usually bubble bath because its there lol) and then lay in the tub. spray it off and rehang it.

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i stopped buying the plastic liners because, to me, it is a waste. we use a linen "hotel" shower curtain that is water resistant, that way it can be washed and re-used many, many times. they really aren't much more expensive than the other ones i was using, maybe $12.

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I wash and spray mine with Lysol so I don't change them until they tear, usually every few years

Answer by admckenzie at 1:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• When the cats shred it to where there is more water on the floor than in tub. Then it's time for a new one. Never in my life have I been around Feline-Americans so determined to play Tarzan in the tub.

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• about once every three months

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• About twice a year.
    I buy quality liners - very thick, heavy, and the holes have metal rivets.
    I buy a new shower curtain about once a year and have a nice collection of them now so I can change them throughout the year. I have 3 full bathrooms to keep nice. :)

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2009