how often do you change your shower curtain liner?

just curious

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 12:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When its time to do it. lol. I'm not really sure on a time, if I had to guess probably once a year. We don't really have a mold problem, just the hard water build up, so I wash it (yes you can wash your curtain liner - just don't put it in the dryer!) probably after 6 months, then when its time to do it again I buy a new one.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• When we had one we changed it about every six months. Now we have shower doors and I hate them, I can not get them clean enough. UGH!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Probably when it turns black around the edges or tears HAHAHAHA.

I know that's horrible, but I'm being honest here =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I just spray it down with soap (usually bubble bath because its there lol) and then lay in the tub. spray it off and rehang it.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i stopped buying the plastic liners because, to me, it is a waste. we use a linen "hotel" shower curtain that is water resistant, that way it can be washed and re-used many, many times. they really aren't much more expensive than the other ones i was using, maybe $12.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I wash and spray mine with Lysol so I don't change them until they tear, usually every few years

Answer by admckenzie at 1:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• When the cats shred it to where there is more water on the floor than in tub. Then it's time for a new one. Never in my life have I been around Feline-Americans so determined to play Tarzan in the tub.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• about once every three months
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• About twice a year.
    I buy quality liners - very thick, heavy, and the holes have metal rivets.
    I buy a new shower curtain about once a year and have a nice collection of them now so I can change them throughout the year. I have 3 full bathrooms to keep nice. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2009