Fever for 9 days?!?!?!

My 9.5 year old son has had a fever for 9 days in a row. It goes down to 99 or so and then jumps back up to 102. Highest it has been is 104. We have been to the doctor 3 friggin times and they keep saying to just wait is out, that it is justt a virus. Have any of you had something like this? Is it time to throw a fit until we get some sort of antibiotic? What would you recommend doing?

MamaBuma

Asked by MamaBuma at 12:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you been giving him Tylenol or Motrin and it goes up when it time for that again? I had that happen with my 3 year old. He finally came out of it, I just kept him comfortable.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• 9 days is way tooooooo much. Take him to a different doctor if possible. If not throw a fit
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am going through the same thing. Today will be the tenth day if it comes back. I am sick of the doctor not taking this seriously!!
    KamrensMommie

Answer by KamrensMommie at 1:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2009