What should I do to tighten up my belly?

I exercise at least three times a week and do core exercises on a stability ball every day but the midsection just isn't firming up as fast as I would like.

Are sit ups that much more effective than anything else???

KlousMomi

Asked by KlousMomi at 12:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I have a good exercise. Lay flat on your back with legs straight out in front of you. Put arms to the side or crossed over your chest. Lift both legs about 6 inches off the ground. Hold in stomach muscles and legs up for about 45 seconds, working up to 5 minutes. Do 10 reps, 3 sets. My sons baseball team did this last year and they worked awesome!!! Jillian from Biggest Loser also showed this on the Rachael Ray Show as a way to get rid of tummies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• ok so I have lost 120 lbs and have found that the best core strengthening is walking (@ least 45 mins) and really holding in your tummy muscles then I follow up with pilate core moves V crunches 140 of them 5 days a week. Good luck you can do it don't get frustrated!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2009