HONESTLY, how bad is it?

I'm pregnant with my first child and I'll be 30 weeks on Monday. I know every women is different when it comes to pregnancy and L&D but how bad really is it? I'm nervous about L&D because of all the different horror stories people tell me and all the awesome stories people tell me. But does child birth hurt that bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its different for each person it depends on you pain tolerance i am now 31 weeks with my first and faceing the same question It will probably hurt alot for you if you dont recive the drugs but god didnt make child bearing easy but he would never give you something your body couldnt handel so yeah its going to hurt. But women haveing been doing it since the begining of time so i say bring it on.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I actually found it enjoyable. Yes there is some pain, but if you accept the pain and don't fight it then it really isn't that bad. I had to non medicated births and one was back labor with the baby coming out sunny side up (not breech).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It's pretty bad, at least it was for me. I have a very high pain tolerance (I have large tattoos) and I'm not a scaredy cat in the least (I bungee jumed 150 ft once), but the pain is all in your uterus. I thought if I worked out a lot I'd be in shape and the pain would be less, but that was SO NOT TRUE. This is all subjective, of course, as some women don't think it hurts at all, but for me, it was a nightmare. I ended up w/a c-section due to breech and then it got infected 8 days later and I was hospitalized. It was horrific. Recovery was very painful, I felt like my guts had been ripped out and couldn't even go up or down the stairs for a couple weeks. But...that was just my experience. SOme of the techniques in the "Hynobirthing' book helped when I was in labor for the 7 hrs before my c-section (I had no meds then). It's horrible, but so is being really really pregnant.
    Anonymous