Gay's and soap opreas!

What do you think about seeing homosexuals on your soap opreas? I think every soap on cbs now displays them. How do you feel about them? Do you mind seeing them kissing ect? I have to turn the tv, I do not want my son seeing that. I know that might sound bad....but that is how I was raised. I dont mind it so much they are showing them in a relationship, but I think that is far enough!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• I guess your kids isn't allowed to leave the house either? And just because you were raised that way, doesn't make it right. You even sound like you realize that it is wrong to judge like that and yet, you are gonna purpetuate the cycle of raising your son like you were.
    Anonymous

• I agree, OP. I don't think it's right either.. and I know I'm going to get called a bigot or whatever, but I don't care. Two men (or two women) making out is not natural, and I won't let my children watch it. Then again, just to be "fair", I wouldn't let my children watch soap operas at all. The relationships portrayed in them are unrealistic.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I agree with the first poster.
    Anonymous

• i have no problem with it. If my sons ask me why two men or two women are kissing, then I will tell them the truth. There is no need to hide it from them. They are going to see it when they are older, and I have no reason to shield it.
    I am glad that they are finally allowing 'that part' of the relationships to show. I mean, people have been gay/lesbian since the begning of humans (yes. its true!) And its taken how long for them to be 'shown' in t.v. without judgement?

oh wait. there is judgement. thats to bad, because there are tons of GREAT actors/ actresses out there who are homosexual.
    Anonymous

• Wow....anon 12:11. A little harsh, huh? Just b/c she doesn't allow her children to watch homosexuals kissing makes her a hate breeder? Perhaps she doesn't allow her children to watch hetero kissing either. While I don't agree with homosexual relationships, I have no issues with the relationships being portrayed. Soap Opera's shouldn't be viewed by children regardless...
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Personally, I think it is nasty! It is NOT natural! I dont really like seeing a man and a woman doing that in public, and I certianly dont like seeing Homo sexual's doint that on tv!
    Anonymous

• Um, I dont know where you live....But I have NEVER seen homosexuals kissing ect in public!
    Anonymous

• if you want to be gay then go for it. whatever floats your boat. but i agree that i dont want to see it. i am a young and the restless fan and they started having a man on man relationship on there today and its gross. i have to just change the channel and watch something else for a few minutes.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 3:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Anonymous
    i have no problem with it. If my sons ask me why two men or two women are kissing, then I will tell them the truth. There is no need to hide it from them. They are going to see it when they are older, and I have no reason to shield it.

What she said. Only here's my name. I'm all for it, the more the better. Then maybe hateful bigots who hide behind their construct of god will realize these are still. just. people. like everyone else. You people absolutely disgust me.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i know many "gay" couples and i have never seen a kiss between any of them either have my children i dont find it "nasty" because i have always known atleast one "gay" person for as long as i can rember and i know in my heart that its not proper but i love my "gay" friends just as much as i do my straight ones because what they do in there bedrooms is not my buisness
    cssndrtobel

Answer by cssndrtobel at 3:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2009