How to clean

Last night my little girl puked in her bed. She has a GloWorm and a soft material book that we keep in there with her. While these were not a direct hit of her puke, she must have put them on it once she woke up. So they just have a little bit of a mess on them, plus the smell.

What is the best way to clean these, since you cannot take out the electronic parts. And I really don't want to throw them out. Thanks in advance!

jennjune1984

Asked by jennjune1984 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If the soft material book is not electronic put it in a pillowcase and wash it in the washer. Other then that I don't know.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• when that has happened in our house i usually get a bucket with water and very little laundry soap, just wipe the outside of the electronic toy and then let it dry, then i repeat this process about 3 times and that usually will take care of the outside mess and the smell. but if it has soaked through to were you cant reach you might have to replace it.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• You can take out the electronic part of the glow worm. I do it all the time to wash my daughters....just like when you take it out to replace the batteries. Just pull it out, light bulb and all. Throw it and the book in the washer with other things that are of the same kind of colors. Just dont dry the glow worm too much you dont want to melt the face, just dry a little and then set it out..in the sun would be best. Good luck.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009