Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help?

I have a 1 year old son. The 1st month of working my ex broke into my house threw the window an assaulted me so i got a pro. order on him but months went by and i have allowed him to watch are son when i work due previous daycare problems so yesterday i went to drop off my son and found out his dad got drunk the night before and got in a fight and he got beat up an his nose was broken and he couldnt open his eyes so he was unable to watch are son for a i call my job and ask for a week off and they fired me i had 2 also take off days for the case involving him..his father new i had no one else to watch him and i had been looking and placing ads for a now i want to relocate states i have $600 to my name i have a apartment,car payment, and bills, due next week my friend will allow me to stay rent free. The Ex hasnt worked for a yr and lives with 10 people. I need 2 emergeny what do i do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • I would contact your local Dept of Human Services office and see what they have. If you need the emergency relocation due to the ex.....then contact local domestic violence agencies.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

  • ask the bank for the form where you can make an Interest Only Payment. That keeps your car ok. The bills can wait. Take the money to get to your friend. If it's in another state please check the law about taking the child across state lines without dad's permission. ( and link to Know the Laws)

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

  • There may also be churches in your area that can help - I know our church has a can set out for donations and anytime someone in the church learns of someone in need, regardless if they go to our church, or any church for that matter, whatever is in the can can go to that person to help them get back on their feet.

    Answer by MrsAce150 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

  • If your friend will let you stay rent free, then stay and look for a job, apply for assistance, child support etc. save up money and then move.

    Answer by salexander at 3:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

  • well there are many things you can do first off if the father DIDNT sign the birth cer. you can go over state line cause right now he has no proof that the baby is his he would have to fight for your child which takes alot of time and money but if h DID sign i woouldnt worry to much about it just try to get full custody i dont think it would be a problem hearing his living situation and the fact that he has no proof of income now as far as people to help there are tons of places you can go such as shelters, churches, salvation army, township trustee these places can provide shelter clothing food and money and if your friend is willing to help i would take her up on it that will take off one of your bills as far as a daycare welfar can help with that but it still cost money so try to find a teen in the area that seems responsible make sure you check HER out befor you trust HER with your child

    Answer by cssndrtobel at 3:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.