Can you refuse vaccinations for your child?

I recently read in an article that the no. 1 cause of autism, adhd, etc is the MMR vaccine they get between 15 and 18 months. Most parents claim their children become unfocused and hyperactive after the age of 18 months. It says more about it in this article, http://www.westonaprice.org/children/autism.html .

I was wondering if I have the right to refuse vaccinations for my daughter for vaccinations and is there a different way I can get her immuned rather than getting her the shots?

Would appreciate your opinions and advice.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can get the MMR shots one at a time instead of the BAD batch they are peddeling from a maker in china thats suspected to be the cause of all the problems. It does NOT have to be an all in one shot! Ask your Dr. or call other Dr. if yours says there is no other way. I KNOW you can get the MMR as a single shot for each individual thing.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2008

• You should google "vaccine exemptions" to see what your state allows. Only WV and Mississippi don't have a religious and or philosophical exemption. All states have a medical exemption, 48 have medical and religious and many others also have the philosophical. A lot of the shots your child will need are boosters. What you can do is check for "titers." In other words, they check to see how many antibodies your child already has against a certain disease. You do have options!Best of luck.
    Smrtgrl96x

Answer by Smrtgrl96x at 12:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2008

• yes, but why would you? your putting your child at a high risk of getting HORRIBLE diseases. It helps there immunity. They need them. Eating spinch 10x a day wont supplement. Im 100% against avoiding immunizations. Keep your babies helathy.
    X2lilmama512

Answer by X2lilmama512 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2008

• I refused the MMR for my son just a couple of weeks ago. I will let him get it once he is two, but not yet. I just told the doctor and I had to sign a release saying that I was refusing the vaccine. No big deal. I think that waiting on the MMR is a wise decision- better safe than sorry I say. Wait until your child is 2, then get it. Good Luck!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 2:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2008

• I just read an article in Parenting Magazine saying how a lot of the old diseases are coming back due to parents not vaccinating kids. You can, but talk w/ your Dr. Autism is a Gene and it is mostly in boys... so get all the facts before making a decision.

Coastiegirl96

Answer by Coastiegirl96 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2008

• I don't want my kid to get sick either, but the odds of her catching any of the things that she's immunued for is 1/1,000,000 as opposed to her getting the shot and becoming adhd which is 1/300-1/600. Plus the doctor in this article says it's better that they get immuned naturally so that their cells can fight anything else that comes along.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2008

• http://www.westonaprice.org/children/vaccinations.html

Read this.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 4:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2008

• If disease is coming back is more likely DUE TO vaccines not due to not vaccinating.

Vaccinating does NOT guarantee protection against disease.

www.vaccineriskawareness.com
    www.thinktwice.org
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2008

• Of course you can its your child, but you should do research weigh the risks and benefits to make educated choices first.
    harteri

Answer by harteri at 5:39 PM on Aug. 16, 2008

• I don't know where you're at, but here in KY, you can refuse any vaccine you want. However, you cannot enroll your child in a public school if they do not have all their "required" vaccines. If you plan on homeschooling, or sending him to a private school (check their requirements, though), you can give or not give vaccines at your discretion.
    dougiesmom

Answer by dougiesmom at 6:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2008