• In the Spotlight:

To those of you that are against tattoos for religious reasons...

Even if someone got a bunch of religious-themed tattoos, it would still be wrong? Like what if they got the lord's prayer tattooed onto their back or arm or something.

I dunno.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 1:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Even if someone HAS*
    Anonymous

• i just posted about this hehe.

if you read the actual passage about tattoo's which i sin the old testament. BUT NOT in the new.

it is talking about the tattoo's in relation to the people neighboring them who did it for religous reasons and they tatted the dead. it was not talking about artwork really. which if you think about it, makes sense..of course that was bad to them, it was about tattoo's honoring another religion , it did not talk about tattoo's that were for artwork purely.

"However, only nine verses earlier in the same chapter (Leviticus 19:19) the people of Israel were also commanded to avoid mixing fibers in garments:

Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you.

Therefore, if someone chose to consider a tattoo sinful, then they would have to toss all their cotton/polyester clothing too!
    and they cant eat shell fish or pork, they cant wear glasses or get their teeth fixed, etc
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It's all about "defiling the temple". I don't think it really matters what the tattoo is, people still look at it as wrong.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost

which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and

in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:15-20
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I hope that helped you.
    His_Mommy26

• that is the thing. you have to honor your temple..your body. so if yourscarnig yourself out of pain.......thats wrong. if your scarring yourself for another religion, thats wrong according to the bible.....but if its for artwork, you are honoring your body are you not?

and if you read the actual entire passage and who it was talking about......and read it open mindedly.....what was considered a tattoo back then was body cutting/scarring/piercing that related to other religions.

absolutely nothing to do with tattoo's that are for art or honoring. and the new testament has not a damn thing about tattoo's.

when it boils down...follow your heart......thats the truest bible of all
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• cait you like the religious forums dont you hah.

moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Whyyyy yes I do =]

And thank you, Miss Anon Grammar Nazi! I was meaning it as "What if someone walked into a tattoo parlor and GOT religious-themed tattoos."

But thank you, oh gracious one, for noticing my error. I beseech you, please follow me around and be my Grammar Nazi some more.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• in our belief your body is not truely yours. it was giving to you and was to be cherished as a temple and it should not be defiled. i don't have any but my husband does and so do a few of our friends. i think there are worse sins then this and i choose to uphold the lords commandment to the up most.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I'm a Christian and I believe the entire word of God. My tattoos are not defiling my temple.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2009