what vacuums would you suggest

the apt we are moving into in germany may be carpeted...its 50/50. some of them are..some arent.

our vacuum cleaner is ok..but its not great. so i want to get a new one. which would you suggest? i know some of them are expensive so if i go for an upper model i want to make sure im not wasting money

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We have a Dyson and love it. The first day we had it my hubby used it to pick up pine needles from the Christmas tree and it got them in one runover instead of taking several runovers(like with our old one). Funny thing was DH accidentally dumped the bucket onto the floor so we had a pile of pine needles about 2 inches high. Again, it only took one runover for the vacuum to get them all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• lol.

my mom has a dyson and she loves it...

i have been considering them but they are not cheap so i wanted to make sure. i somewhat want a steam cleaner too..but one thing at a time
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We have a kirby, it was expensive but totally worth it. We have 2 big dogs so I have to vacuum daily and it really cleans up for me. I love it.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My husbands shopvac works better than any vacuum I have ever seen or used.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We have a Dyson, too, and I love it. There is a smaller more lightweight one that wasn't out yet, when we got ours, and if I were to do again, I'd get the smaller one. Mostly because I don't really vacuum all that often due to now having hardwood floors.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2009