I hope you don't think I'm corny for this, but...

I went shopping for my son yesterday at the mall. Every time I go shopping and buy bigger sizes because he's growing, I get really emotional. I was sincerely hurt yesterday because...well, he's growing up. I KNOW MANY MOTHERS DO THIS; however, I still felt like an idiot. I called my sister and I was crying! Like, my face was all screwed up! No more 6-9 months; I'm buying 2,3, and 4 T's. I'm buying training pants now and no more diapers. I even get emotional when I see the little bibs he had so many of. He can climb the entire stairwell now. He's talking more, he's an individual and wants to do things himself, etc. He doesn't want to be held (except for bedtime). I started doing too much and got all the way up to him being an adult and wondering if we were going to be close still. I was really tripping. Do you do this?

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• all the time. Every time we go to the store I look at my dd's clothes and always am like "i miss when you were little!" I miss her 3 mo clothes.... I miss how no matter what she would let me hold her, I miss helping her with everything! My baby is growing up!! I knew it would happen and have always joked with her "no, stop growing!" she never listens!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Not until you brought it up thanks alot!!!! LOL I read this out loud to friend and my son was on my lap and when I got done reading he laid his head down on my shoulder and cuddled me!!!! As if to say "It's ok Mum-mum. I will always be yours!!!!"
    elizabethie

Answer by elizabethie at 1:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It's funny you posted on this. My daughter is only 3 months old. I was putting things away in her closet and found some old newborn size diapers. She is now in almost a size 3 diapers (she is a porker lol.) And seeing the newborn diapers and how little her body used to be made me emotional! I know she is young but she is already growing so fast. I can hardly believe it. You definitely aren't alone!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I didn't get emotional about it until recently. I have three kids, and I was packing up the baby's outgrown clothes to take to Goodwill and wanted to cry my eyes out. Before I could just tuck them away for the next one, but we aren't having any more, so it's sad to see her growing up.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• One day we were shopping for a new backpack for my 7 year old and instead of getting one with a superhero on it, he picked a "big boy" black one! Yes i felt stupid for standing in the middle of the store holding back tears.
    momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 4:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• lOL Boo it's okk !! my mom crys often bout her little "Pookie" ( me ] growin up loll..dont no if there sad or happy years..but dont feel bad my pregnant hormones are tlkin i cried when da dam mail was late it's ok mami..let it out..they grow up so fast !!
    Mamii2Be

Answer by Mamii2Be at 11:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2009