what do you think of this name for my daughter?

i have a problem, i just found a really cute name but my husbands last name sounds too much like the first name, would that matter to you if u loved the name anyway? the name is Harper and i dunno about the middle name maybe maddison or madalynn but his last name is fisher so help me! lol would u name your kid that anywayz? i really like that for a first name!!

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dunno, Harper Fisher? Nah I don't like it. Maybe Haylee?
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 1:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I LOVE IT! Harper Maddison Fisher.....to cute!
    meegan26

Answer by meegan26 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I think it sounds great...not like your naming her julia Gulia....lol
    LilMzMa

Answer by LilMzMa at 2:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• They all sound nice but Harper does sound too strong with Fisher some people won't always go with the middle name either. Can you change your last name?...lol J/J (remarry)...lol

But if you like it go for it it will be only in school where they will call her by her name and last name together. but everyday life it will be Harper....

Good one...LilMzMa...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Where did you come up with that name?

It reminds me of "Harper Valley PTA" something like that where did I hear that?

Could it be a movie?
    Anonymous

• Harper was one of the names I had on my list! I love it! I don't think it flows exactly right with Fisher though!
    Anonymous

• i found it in the baby book but i had thought of it before then also, i just like unisex names like
    dylan or riley for girls not girl names for boys though
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• haha, sounds funny. I wouldn't. Sounds like some kind of species of fish or a restaurant like 'Harper's Fisher.' Or maybe a dock or bay "Harper Fisher Bay". Hm.
    Anonymous

• Harper sounds like a boy's name.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 6:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I don't believe you should put too much thought into how the last name sounds with a girl's name because odds are she will marry and take her husband's name, spending much more of her lifetime with her married name than her maiden name.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009