How come nobody believed the tmz report on Michael Jacksons death yesterday?

Tmz had the first accurate report about his passing yesterday yet all I read is "only tmz is reporting he is dead, I'll believe it when i see it on CNN" and other similar quotes. Tmz is celebrity gossip but they only report facts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Entertainment

• because tmz is a tabloid just like the enquierer........and they dont respect people.
    savvya

Answer by savvya at 1:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• They have said he died a few times before this and have a history of reporting wrong info on importent things
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 1:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• TMZ isn't reliable.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I have rarely seen tmz to be wrong.....
    Anonymous

• Because TMZ has about as much integrity as Perez Hilton.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• TMZ is a tabloid. They got it right for once but I'm still not going to rely on them for hard hitting facts and news.
    Anonymous

• I have watched and read TMZ for a few years now. I have known them to be wrong on a few accounts, but never about a celebrity dying.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 8:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Because TMZ is NOT a credible source, they have jumped the gun before on these types of reports. THey do NOT verify their facts before they report the way the major new networks to.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• because they're not actual "news". That's why the regular news sites waited until there was a formal announcement, not just a rumor, that he'd died. I first read about it on twitter. It was circulating there a good hour before msn and cnn reported it. The thing is, it was also circulating around yesterday that Jeff Goldblum was dead, and he wasn't. So people generally don't believe sites like tmz because their sources aren't always reliable.
    utopiaseas

Answer by utopiaseas at 1:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2009