Are you pro-vaccinating or anti-vaccinating and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Pro. kids are gonna get sick and the antibodys they get from the mother are only good till they are 6mths old and then they are on their own. so unless u want you 7mth old sick stick with a needle
    Anonymous

• For getting my kids immunized.
    Anonymous

• I select and delay.

and anon is wrong. the antibodies last as long as the woman breastfeeds. And it is recomended that any non vaccinating mom breastfeeds for 2 years.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I choose to have my children vaccinated.

I have read a great deal about it and it still boils down to the fact that vaccines were made to help prevent horrible diseases from happening. Diseases that maimed and killed people.

For my family, it's the best choice to get vaccinations. I respect the choices of others. I just wish everyone did.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 2:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I choose not to because my oldest is vaccine inujured, and my second reacted as well. Why would I subject my children to lives of being made fun of and wishing they were normal.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Im pro and anti
    the only vaccinations I think are a wste of time and would rather immune system build antibodies for naturally is the flu vaccine and chicken pox vaccine. But if my baby were already born sick I would do any vaccine the doctor thinks i should have or If the flu was really dangerous Iwould just get a vaccine to have some security inmy mind
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I'm pro -

Cos i want my kid to not get sick.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am pro, I know there are risks associated with vaccinations and my DS might have even been one of them. Still I would rather him have his LD and his speech delay (which was severe) than face one of those horrible diseases. There were reasons, why parents wanted to prevent those diseases in the first place. Most of them can cause death, some more often than others. OR lead to lifelong health issues or severe brain damage. I know my child isn't "normal" but then few kids are. Kids are also made fun of no matter what, it could be their abilities, talents, name, looks, etc. It happens to all of us, so I don't think that's a valid argument.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• After watching my son almost die from getting the DTaP at 6 months old I am anti for my family and ask that others educate themselves before blindly sticking their children full of neurotoxins! I would rather my child get the disease then die from a vaccine that is only proven to be 70% effective (DTaP).
    Anonymous

• I'm a do what ever you think is best for your kid. BUT don't bash other's for their decision.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2009