• In the Spotlight:

Can I Get A Little HELP

WHY WHY WHY... is it that as a single mother working mother of one child you dont qalify for any assistance. I was told that I make too much money for day care assistance. I dont qualify for rental assistance, or anything else. It seems like that I to be lazy out of work with mutiple kids to qualify for just a little help. Heck i have paid takes to take care of other peoples kids who sit at home and have children for the heck if it. Not saying that it is there is anything wrong with someone who has mulitple kids. but i feel the assistance that I have given with my tax dollors should help those that are in NEED of help rather than those who just get it casue it is there.

miss_mommy09

Asked by miss_mommy09 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• thats the way it works you have to be lazy for help .
    its wrong you should only get it if you are working and trying
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• if they say you don't qualify, you probably really don't. you would be one of the people that these cafemommas get mad at for having enough but still wanting to use the system. i'm sure you need the help, heck everyone does. but if they say you make enough, then you probably do. pa is meant for the pretty much dirt poor, on the grind, out of work people. you're just gonna have to work a little harder to cut expenses. not all these people on pa are lazy btw. we all know the economy has been rough on almost everyone, so pa is meant for those who have no means for survival anymore. sorry you don't qualify, but it's because there are families out there who need it more.
    Anonymous

• im on welfare i couldnt find work for so long because were i live theres not much work then i had not that many babysitters to ask for help to actually look good at a interview i had no interview clothes either my mom only helped my son not me so its crazy out there i dont get food stamps because i live with my mom and she makes enuff to feed me n my son but my dad keeps fuxin up so its hard with money here also because my sis blows her money instead of payin for somethings!
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I know how you feel.. when I lost my job they wanted to go after DD's father for child support that he was already giving me (they just wanted to make it legal).. and i refused because legally.. he'd only have to pay $25 a week.. and he was already giving me 75% of his unemployment check.. so why would I wait for the system to take the money, clear it, then maybe get it later. So I did with out it.. It meant taking a lot of little side jobs for a while to make it.. (mowing lawns, cleaning houses, babysitting for others, etc).. but I did what I had to do in order to survive.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2009