Stupid question :)

Anyone get pregnant or know of anyone that got pregnant after their SO got a vasectomy? My dh had one done after our ds was born 4 yrs ago. He went back a few weeks later and they said he was good. Now I'm finding out that a lot of Dr's want it checked at least two times and some want it checked every year.

I know the chances are really slim but I'm starting to freak out a little. I started getting cramps last week and then I started spotting Tues, Wed, and Thurs. Today nothing. My periods are irregular and it's not uncommon for me to skip one but I've never spotted without my period starting. I'm still having cramps like my period is going to start any minute, slight pressure down there, backache, slightly tender nipples, headaches, constantly hungry, heartburn, and peeing a lot. I'm tired but I'm always tired. I feel stupid for even thinking about testing. Anyone want to nicely talk some sense into me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go pee on a stick if I were you...
    LilMzMa

Answer by LilMzMa at 2:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I agree with LilMzMa. It is actually kinda common for them to fuse back together and for men to be fertile again with certain types of vasectomies which is why they test a lot now.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• idk about nowadays, but my father had one and my mom got pregnant with me. He went to the doctor and found out that it had reversed itself, so he had to get another one.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I haven't known anyone, but I have heard that it can happen. My hubby is about ready to get one, so I've been reading about it a lot. I would suggest buying a cheap pregnancy test, just to be sure.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My hubby is planning on getting one and the Dr has told us that he will need to be tested clear 3 times before it is considered a success.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• This reminds me of a story I heard years ago. A woman desperately wanted a baby and her husband didn't, although he didn't tell her how he felt. He went behind her back and got a vasectomy, Awhile later she got pregnant. He went back to the doctor and found out he couldn't have gotten his wife pregnant. He didn't confront his wife for having an affair, she would find out he had a vasectomy. So, he raised the child as his own. The child looked exactely like his brother, who lived with them at the time she got pregnant. I think he got what he deserved. Anyway, I would suggest taking a pregnancy test.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 3:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• loriW
    omg that funny and he did get what he had coming.....but i agree u should go buy a test and just see what happens..ur not crazy, nothing is 100% anymore..
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2009