How do I bathe my DD by myself?

My DH just left for his first deployment yesterday and I am at a loss at how to bathe DD! We have always done it together. Both because it was a bonding experience for the three of us and because it is easier. I tried a couple times before DH left because I knew I would have to do it alone, but I always ended up needing his help. DD is 2 1/2 months old. I have a baby bathtub that I use but I have a problem rinsing her off(mainly her hair) without all the soap getting right back on her from it going right back into the tub and back on her. Usually I wash her body and then her hair and DH would hold her up and out of the tub and I would pour water over her while he was holding her so it wouldn't get back on her. But now I don't know how to do it! I would appreciate any advice/tips on how to go about doing this! Thanks so much =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• do what you would do alone.. then use a wipe to wipe her down after she's out, then towel off.. really it's no big deal.. soap is soap.. you just want to make sure it doesn't go in her eyes... I use to cup my hand at the top of her head so it wouldn't go into her face..
    you'll realize soon, it's not really as big of a deal as your making it out to right now.. personally I think it's the bonding part your going to miss. There are plenty of military wife's/so's groups to help you through this part on CM.. look them up :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• jus let the soap get on her and wipe it off or do u have a spout to let a lil water out of the tub!i unfortunatly never had help unless i for got to get a towel n id yell for 1 from sum1 but thts it so its easy its jus soap let it get wiped off i still do it cus my son will sit back down onbce i wash his hair and there will b some soap in the tub and he gets it all over him again i jus say screw it and wipe it off with a towel
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• wow...........
    i dont even know how to expaine w/o showing, but i bathed mine all by my self from day 1
    Anonymous

• What I have always done was hold my babies in a football type hold so that their feet were behind me and their head was cradled in my hand. I would hold their head over the sink and use a plastic cup to pour water over their hair. They were lying back looking straight into my face so I spoke soothingly to them the whole time. I washed and rinsed with one hand and used a dry washcloth to wipe the excess soap and water from their foreheads and ears.
    Then I placed them in the baby bath and bathed their bodies. I kept the plug open when rinsing them off. You can hold the child up in one hand - draped across it - while you rinse their back. Then put the towel on over them. The trick is not to overuse the soap so you don't have too many suds.
    When you have the baby in the towel and the water is shut off then just leave the mess while you tend to the baby. The mess can be cleaned up later.
    Wish I were there to help! :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2009