Going to a wedding. What to wear?

A friend of mine asked me very last minute, Im talking earlier today to attend a wedding with him tomorrow. He doesnt want to go alone :( and has no other females to take. The wedding is tomorrow. Aghh. I need some advice on what to wear. I havent attended a wedding since I was about 12 yrs old lmao. The wedding is from 3 to 9 and I do not know the bride and groom. I dont have the finances to buy anything. Can anyone give me some advice on what would be appropriate for these circumstances? Photos or links so I have a visual would be a great help also. Thanks.

Trotterswife

Asked by Trotterswife at 2:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• A nice dress or skirt with a dressy, summery top should be fine. It shouldn't be terribly formal because of the time frames. If it was an evening wedding a classic little black dress and some nice accent jewelry is totally appropriate. If you have a nice pair of slacks, heels and a dressy blouse is okay. Dress it up with some well chosen jelery and maybe your hair up.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I like to wear dresses to weddings. Sexy is ok, just make sure it isnt sleazy. A cute heal is nice, go in your closet and try on some of your dressy clothes you will find something fun. I don't like to be stffy at a wedding, prefer something i can dance in!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Maybe a cute summer dress with wedged heels?? I haven't attended one since I was younger either, but this is the best I could think of. GL!!
    Anonymous

• I have a dress at home that is pink and it has like a black floral print on it, the top is kind of like a bikini top ties around the neck, its mid thigh, i dont know if this is ok??? I dont have any sweaters to put over it. ughhh i hate last minute things. especially since im not use to weddings
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 2:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I love halter necklines! you don't need a sweater for summer. Its ok to wear spagetti straps or halter necks to a wedding.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• The dress seems a bit casual for a wedding. Something more formal, perhaps? A little more covering on the top? If you do have a dressy sweater that you could put over it, then you could remove the sweater later on?

Answer by Bmat at 2:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Maxi dresses are really in for summer with a cute pair of sandles. You can search dresses at:
    divavillage.com
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2009