• In the Spotlight:

What are you doing for July 4?

July 4 is one of my favorite holidays so I am curious what everyone is doing. If you are having or attending a party, post recipes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We are having a blow out party/ family reunion for all 3 days that weekend. karaoke, parade (we are in the parade) going to watch fireworks and do some fireworks. Our family is huge and lots of fun so I'm really excited about it. Bought my dd the most adorable outfit from Gymboree it has a toile skirt of red white and blue for parade. Everyone is bringing a side and we are buying fried chicken.

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Im going to try to have a bbq here at my house but im not sure how well thats going to work. I know alot of our friends are going out of town so there might not be anyone here lol. But so far thats what were planning.....Back home we used to have party at my parents house and there would always be about 100 + people there every year...most of them were from our church it was always so much fun!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I will be at the beach. So, I guess there will be some private fireworks on the beach. NOT!!!! I have two kids so we will all be hanging out together.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• July 4th is my FAVORITE holiday! My birthday is July 2nd, so we always celebrate it on the 4th :) The city I grew up in (and now live next to) always has a parade in the morning, a carnival and craft show in the park during the afternoon, and fireworks at dusk! We're spending our day around there and we'll probably hit the pool at some point to cool off :) I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• lol.. it's my favorite holiday too.. i thought I was the only weird one.. I love the fireworks. Anyways I'm not sure if we are going camping or what we are doing.. it depends on if SO is in the parade or not.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Ha! It's also my favorite holiday. Well, I'm having our daughter Wednesday, so I will be getting out of the hospital friday. I'm having a c-section so I doubt I will like doing too much. But I'm hoping I will feel like going to my grandpa's for dinner, then going to the lake for fireworks. Every year, our town shoots the huge awesome fireworks off the boat over the lake. It's really nice, and it's free. =)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2009