Any Advice??

Okay so my 6 month old daughter will not sleep in her crib, she sleeps with me and her dad.. Everytime we try to put her in her crib to sleep she just screams and crys until we pick her up... Does anyone have an advice on how to get her to sleep in her own crib... Please help

New_Mommy09

Asked by New_Mommy09 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmm...I've heard "The No Cry Sleep Solution" is a wonderful book.
    I'm a cosleeper and have often recommended transitioning out of your bed by taking the sliding wall off of your crib. Put your crib in the corner of your room and SMASH your bed up against it making sure the mattresses are the same height. You've basically made an add-on to your bed. She can get used to sleeping in her crib yet still be right by mama. Then you put the sliding wall back on and move the crib and move it away from your bed.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i was an avid co sleeper and so was dd. By the time she was 10mos i couldnt take it so i decided when she turned 1 that was it into her crib shed go...that was last week lol. the past 2 nights she has slept in her pack n play ALL night all alone and didnt want mommy at all. if this continues through the weekend im going to try the crib thing again. some babies just do it when they are ready. for now thouigh try making the crib fun! play in her room with her while she plays in the crib..maybe she is scared. dd was if she saw her crib she climbed up me like a monkey!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 6:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2009