cleaning baby stuff

I got a few things used and I need to know what I can use to sanitize them before I let my baby use them. And how do I keep them sanitized. Like the crib its wood, pack and play, swings, toys,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bleach spray is a life-saver for me! Add seven tablespoons of bleach to a quart of water and dump it in an empty spray bottle. I use that for toys, changing pad and bottles (spray, set on a towel and let dry).
    For the crib and swing (usually you can remove the cloth part and throw it in the washer) I use lysol sanitizing wipes, the pack and play you can usually take apart and wash in the washer and wipe the sides down with a soapy washcloth.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Plastic toys that don't make noise can be washed in hot water with a little bleach. If they can't be soaked you get buy the Clorox Daily Sanitizing spray. I love that stuff! It's safe to use on kids toys. The hardest things to wash are the soft toys that make noise so you can't throw them in the washing machine. I usually just wipe them down with hot soapy water...best you can really do.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009