What time dooes your child go to bed at the grandparents?

My DD is 3.5 and goes to bed at 9. When she stays at my in-laws she doesn't go to bed until midnight. She sleeps with them, because they got her in that habit because she has never slept in the bed with us. When she gets back home the next day she is so tired and irritable from being up late! It drives me nuts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• When my kids spend the night at my moms they got to bed at their normal bedtimes. If your inlaws are going to let her stay up maybe they should watch them the next day and see what affect it has on your dd. Maybe they will realize and respect your wishes.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• my 4.5 year old goes to my mawsmaws on fridays and thet stay up til 1am listening to music and dacing in the bed on saturdays she goes to my moms and her and my 15 year old sister stay up all night tooo on sundays i pick her up at 5pm to get her winded down and ready for mondays she is out by 7.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 4:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• They stay up late when we go to the grandparents. After midnight with my IL's and after 9 or so with my parents.

My kids go to bed between 7:30 and 8:30 at our house.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My son stays up as late as he wants on "non school" and "non Church" nights.
    At Grandma's and Grandpa's anything goes(within reason) that's a grandparents job to spoil the kids!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My kids don't spend the night with their grandparents. And if I can help it, they never will.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Who knows what time he goes to bed. I'm pretty sure my mom would just lie anyway if I asked.... I just figure it's occasional, so there is no harm and he'll have good memories.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 11:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My granddaughter (age 4 months) lives with us and I have her on a scheduled bedtime (between 9-10 pm) while her mother (my daughter) does not.
    Also, I place my granddaughter in her crib, but my daughter keeps insisting on bringing my granddaughter into bed with her, which I explained was dangerous because it's just a twin with a very soft mattress and the comforter covers her face. She does what she wants, though.
    In the mornings, I hear my granddaughter wake up around 7 or 8 am but my daughter forces her to go back to sleep until she is ready to get her up between 10am and noon. She won't let me get her up myself because she wants something to snuggle with while she sleeps.
    I'm really concerned, but I've been told that grandparents have no rights.
    I feel as if my immature 20 year old daughter is "playing house" and her baby is just a doll to her to have fun with.

I'm sorry I got a little off-topic.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2009