Would you consider yourself a strict mom? Balanced mom? Cool mom? Overprotective, to relaxed,not as good as you could be? Or are you Supermom?

Some days I think I'm one of each!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was strict and protective. I wouldn't say overprotective, since I'm not sure there is such a thing. My sons complained at how strict I was, but now that they have their own, they understand.

Answer by Bmat at 2:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I'm strict in that I expect my children to do what they are told without argument (not that it always happens...but I still expect it LOL). I try to be a cool mom though only the teenager cares about that and he's landed his runaway butt in jail. I'm a bit overprotective because I think we all are LOL. Some things I'm too relaxed about (like babies standing on furniture, eating bugs, wiping poop on the walls) and sometimes I'm not as good as I could be...because I'm human...So yeah...I guess I AM supermom! j/k.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I'm strict (pretty bad!) but I'm a mama bear. Don't even think of messing with my kids. I explain why each rule is important, and how it will cross over into their adult lives. She seems to understand.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I agree, mmmommy0207. I always explained why I had the rules. and they were completely allowed to question. Sometimes they had a good point, and I'd consider it and adjust. But we never did the 'count to 3" thing or "next time you'll have to go to your room" thing. I'd say it once and that was it.

Answer by Bmat at 3:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I think I am balanced. My daughter has rules but she gets plenty of fun. I am protective but realistic. She does gymnastics, rides a tricycle, all that but I protect her by selectively vaccinating, 95% of the time she eats whole or organic foods, EBF, and ERF. She has chores and play time. Every action has a consequence. Just like in RL.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• im jsut a mess! i was strict then went through a tough time so now were really lax, which makes things worse! and im by no means over protective, our thing is if they fall and get hurt they wont do ti again!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am WAY to over protective and I know it. I can't help it. My daughter was born 8 weeks early weighing only 2lbs. and 13 oz. She was in the NICU for 31 days. Then the dr.'s told me that I really shouldn't have any more because the way they out it " my body really did not like being pregnant", and I would have another preemie. We got so lucky with the first 1 I don't want to push my luck. Plus I was miserable through my whole preganacy. So I only have 1 baby, she's 5 but she's still my baby. All my hopes and dreams are in 1 little girl. Yeah I know too much pressure for a kid. But I am learning to let go SLOWLY!!! Not that much but I am trying. I figure by the time she is 17 I will be ready for her to MAYBE leave the house without me or her daddy, LOL-- I am kidding about the last part. But I am over protective.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 3:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am fairly "cool" and "relaxed" and so are my kids.

Sometimes I'm "strict" and other times I am not.  And sometimes I am  the "super mom".

I guess most of the time I am pretty balanced.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We are all supermom!
    Anonymous

• I am always asking myself this question. Both of my boys are under 3 and I am still tying to figure it all out. I want to be strict, I really do. I hate that so many young adults I run into have this air of entitlement and lack of strong work ethic. But I have a very strong willed, very smart young one. He challenges EVERYTHING! He is behaved for the most part, but the spanking and the constant timeouts were so tiring that I had to let up. (the spanking only led to him hitting me and me having to hit him so hard I was scared). I am working so hard to keep the boys growing up with a strong sense of themselves and authority that It is exhausting and some days I just let a lot of other stuff..like house work...go. SO I guess I am not as good as I hoped, but trying my ass off....Consistency is my biggest failure.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009