Can I take a laxative while pregnant?

TMI but I'm really constipated and nothing else has worked so far.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would ask a doctor. have u tried the metamucil brand stuff like the cookies
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Yeah most all laxatives are safe colace works the best and if all else fails grab an enema they are like 4 dollars for a twin pack and you'll poo!!!
    momof4520

Answer by momof4520 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I was beyond constipated during the first trimester of my last pregnancy bcuz of my meds. I am NOT kidding that I did not go to the bathroom for SIX weeks! My midwife had me try a laxative and it didnt work so she had my try an enema and that didnt work either! So... I went to starbucks and bought two frappacino's and I sh!t you not (ha ha no pun intended) it all came out about an hour later!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Colace!!! Or talk to your dr. and ask for a pre natal with a stool softner. But my midwife said Colace is safe to use!
    Anonymous