My husband is black/brown skin tone with brown eyes and I'm white/brown hair with hazel/brown eye's. Our daughter was born with reddish hair and blue eye's and we are wondering if her eyes will stay blue??

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It takes about 6 mos for the eye color to change to the permanent color. Most babies are born with blue eyes.

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• probably not, but it is possible that both of you have the recessive gene for blue eyes. But sicne brown eye is dominate, your childs eyes will most likily darken over time.

• My daugher's eyes stayed blue until she was about 18 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• they might. my dh has brown eyes, i have one brown eye and one hazel eye (yes 2 different color eyes), my mom has green eyes and my dd has the brownest eyes i have ever seen. my dd has blond hair like mine and my dh has brown hair but my ds has red hair and the bluest eyes.

Answer by izzybear0217 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2009