How to fill out the Thank You cards

I need some help figuring out what I am supposed to write on the inside of my thank you cards for the people who gaves us wedding gifts what am I supposed to put? I know it sounds stupid but I honestly have no clue

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • Dear (mention each name)

Thank you so much for the (item). John and I will think of you every time we make waffles (you get the idea.)
    Love, John and Hautemama.

Mention both their names and both of your names. Mention what the item was, why you liked it, and that you will use it for whatever. If you are thanking after the wedding, you can also mention, if appropriate, that it was nice to see them.

Answer by Bmat at 3:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• What Bmat said is right. Be sure to mention the gift, and how you will use it. Just think of how you would thank them in person, and write it down.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 3:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Exactly as BMAT said. Also if they sent money or gave a gift card. Thank them for the money/card but also suggest something you will use it for. Like my sister got money from several people and she pooled it to get the wonderful serving pieces for her china set.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• what if we used the money for bills?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• instead of writing a bunch of different thank yous after mine. we ordered the picture thank you's....you know where it has a wedding picture and a little note....."Thank you for sharing in our special day" or something like that. Kind of like christmas cards. Personally i prefer to get those cuz then i can hang them on my fridge, but thats jsut me.

you can get them made at wal mart, target, harolds. or make them onlone at shutterfly.com, or snapfish.com. they are mailed right to your dorr with the envelopes. or you can pay and extra 50 cents a envelope and they will send them out to the recipient for you..tho that is kinda pricey!

RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• If you used the money for bills you can just say thank you so much for the $__. We were able to pay off some bills thanks to your generosity. Thank you so much again.

The picture thank yous...are nice...but you still need to address each gift personally. There are only three occaisions in life where thank you cards are a 'must weddings/babies and deaths-(these can be more generic..often times funeral homes have them for you you just sign and send)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I think they all pretty much covered it. I guess its too late for you now, but I went to a baby shower and they asked us to write down some adjectives, verbs, etc. They had made a madlib and so took the words we provided them, then used the gifts we bought them as the nouns and sent us a "personalied" madlib. It was the coolest thing! And who doesn't love a Mad Lib?!?!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 6:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009