• In the Spotlight:

Were any of you avid about exercising while pregnant?

Did it pay off? What were some things you noticed like did you lose the baby weight faster? Did your body stay in shape better? etc.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you exercis during pregnancy it makes for a bette delivery and after words your body bounces back to it's originol weight faster
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• HECK NO. I ATE WHAT I WANTED AND DID VERY LITTLE EXCERSICE. IM PREGNANT I TAKE IT EASY. MMMMM CAKE
    Anonymous

• Anon - I hope you realize you can get GD, PIH, low iron, and a host of other problems by not taking care of yourself in pregnancy. Don't whine when you gain 80lbs and can't lose it after the baby. I know so many moms who said that while pregnant and then couldn't lose the weight afterwards. Being fit also helps with delivery like someone else said. People usually have a shorter labor and delivery.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I didn't exercise much at all while pregnant. I did try to eat right, but I was very careful about what I did and didn't do after the loss of my first 4 pregnancies. I tried to stay active,, but I didn't "work out".

I did lose all the weight and then some within the first couple of weeks with both of them, back in my prepregnancy clothes the day I came home from the hospital. I had easy deliveries as both were out in less than 3 minutes of pushing with 11 hours of laboring almost exactly with both of them. And more than that I felt fine within days after both of them.

However I do have extra skin on my belly that won't go away without surgery.

I think the key is not just exercise but watching what you eat.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Yes I walked and did excercises that my dr. told me what was safe twice a day EVERYDAY! And after I had my son two months later I went back to a size 3. I gained 30 pounds when I was prego.
    Anonymous

• With my first pregnancy I worked the whole time so I walked and kept myself busy. I was living in New York so I walked to the subway and to and from all my prenatal appts. It helped alot during the delivery because I didnt gain too much weight so it wasnt too hard on my body or the baby.

With my second I had 24 hour sickness instead of morning sickness so I did prenatal yoga at home. When I got into my second trimester and I wasnt as sick, I kept walking and watching what I ate. I had about 4 small meals a day and I tried not to gain too much weight. I was ready for her to be born though! I was back in my pre-pregnancy jeans about 2 weeks after delivery and have been steadily losing ever since!
    CavMamma

Answer by CavMamma at 3:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i didn't do any strenuous exercising but i did take up walking i'd worked my way up to walking a mile 2-3 times a week while i was pregnant. The doctor was very happy that i was, I didn't gain a ton of excess weight, had a good labor experience and i lost it all again fairly easy after having my daughter.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I worked out up until the last few months. Then I just resorted to walking every day. It really paid off. I had an induced labor which lasted only five hours and then went back to normal within two weeks of birth. Working out really helped a ton. After giving birth, I totally took it easy. I figured that was the time to lounge around. Healing from birth was much easier, too. After three days I felt fine and found it weird when everyone still felt like waiting on me hand and foot.

I swear by keeping fit in pregnancy. It makes life after so much easier.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I didn't exercise much the first pregnancy, but I ate really well and lost the weight quickly. The second time around I was working and didn't have enough willpower to tell my co-workers, "No, I'm not going to Panda Express." Or Wings n' Things, or Taco Bell, or Jack in the Box. Weight is STILL with me.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 6:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2009