CIO?

What does CIO mean? I see it all around here and just can't seem to figure it out. I'm probably gonna feel stupid for not knowing when I find out but oh well. Lol

Vsoul0608

Asked by Vsoul0608 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cry it out
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• ABUSE
    Anonymous

• OH! See I told you all I would feel stupid. I really should have been able to figure that out! Atleast I know now. Thanks to BridgetC140 for actually answering the ?. An anon- if thats your opinion you are entitled to it. When my kids hit around 6-8 months I started letting them cry a little longer (5 minutes or so) when putting them to bed or down for a nap before going back in and checking on them. don't know if thats actually considering "CIO" but it worked for me, within a week or so they were going to bed and down for naps without any fuss at all.
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• ABUSE
    ___
    LOL

Not abuse, it's Cry It Out. It's kind of misleading because it doesn't mean let your child cry for hours and hours, it means to let them learn to soothe themselves once they get to a certain age. Instead of jumping up immediately and going to them, to let them fuss for a few minutes and see if they'll calm down on their own (depending on the cry of course). Instead of rocking them to sleep every night, let them learn to fall asleep on their own.

Good sleep habits are one of THE most important things you can teach your child. How to relax and fall asleep on thier own when they're little, and even making them go to bed at bedtime when they're older.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

___
    That is EXACTLY what CIO was meant to be.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009