how come movie like constantine etc..always use catholicism

ever noticed that movies that show lots of spiritual phenomena..end times...stuff like the movie constantine, stigmata etc....use catholicism

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because it's the original Christianity, and they always tie in to ancient things - old artifacts or hidden documents, etc. The Orthodox and Protestant branches are young in comparison.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• very true...
    anything ancient..relics..ancient texts etc. always hold more mystery in the eyes of people.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Of course they do. Catholicism, far more than Protestantism, has the old churches that make great sets, embrace more spiritual aspects (officially), uses more symbolism & has more of a sense of history. All the things that make a creepy or ethereal movie/show more visually dynamic & interesting in a literary sense.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• oh yea..the church's. I ANT WAIT to see the church's in europe since im moving to germany in 4 weeks. i seen a few before in germany and omg......i cant tell you how breathtaking they are
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Oh & Protestant church leaders tend to dress in street clothing, making it harder to set them apart visually.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• yea..thats boring lol. need the full out garbs...any headgear or giant crosses are a plus in movies
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I disagree very highly that Catholicism is the original Christianity (they claim they are though; I guess that counts for something).

Yes, I have noticed that they are involved in a lot of those types of movies. I think it basically has to do with true stories in the past that have involved the Catholic church. Such as the bleeding of statues or people developing bleeding in the sites of where the wounds Jesus had were. The Catholic church is also the most popular in terms of exercism as well. Protestants have less rules and rituals (IMHO) which I guess is boring? lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I think its because Catholics have a greater belief in the power and interaction of demonic/angelic here on earth. Other Xtian religions tend not to focus on the otherwordly aspects and/or believe that giving into the belief that demonic forces control you here on earth, is denying Jesus/God's ability to protect the people.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• The first Christians were Catholics. (I am not sure how you can disagree to that when the history books show this fact)

More people will be able to identify and understand Catholic traditions than other churches. 

Also it makes for a better a movie...I mean lots more statues and big buildings :-) A plain building with a plain pulpit would make for a plain movie.

Anonymous

• Probably because there is a lot more Catholics in the world, and they build better looking buildings than us Protestants do. Also, in a typical Protestant service there isn't as much going on up front. Also, there are so many different types of Protestant, which one would you pick?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2009