If you charted your cycle, how long did it take you to get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• With my son, it happened on our "practice try." I charted for 4 or 5 months. Them boom!!!! We wanted a boy, and were using a book called, How to Determine the Sex of Your Baby. Well, I ready it and just told my husband what to do and when, LOL. I am regular with no other cycle or fertility issues so keep that in mind too when looking for a time frame.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I sort of charted, but not using the temperature method. I watched how my cervical discharged changed over the days, and then had sex on the days I thought I ovulated. It worked, got preggo after using this method. We had been trying for 2 months, with no results, so I read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and learned about the cervical fluid method. It worked great for me.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• You won't want to hear this--- 3 years.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 4:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I started charting after trying for 6 months then after another 6 months of charting I finally got pregnant. When he was around 1 we tried again and got pregnant on the first try, then miscarried, and after the miscarriage I think we got pregnant on our 2nd try, but I can't remember for sure, it may have even been the first try, since we were supposed to wait a month. This time I wasn't charting, we weren't trying and weren't preventing but I can tell just from my body's signs when I'm ovulating and I knew from our timing that I had a good chance of being pregnant and I was.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It varies depending on the fertility of the couple. All charting does is determine whether or not you are ovulating.
    Anonymous