i need more sleep...HELP

my daughter is still havin trouble...she still gets up twice at night and she is 8 months it doesnt bother me at all but i feel like she isnt getting enough sleep..i have tried only giving her water and just letting her cry and all she does it just stay awake ..and now she wakes up at like 5 or 6 and doesnt want to go back to bed what can i do to make her sleep more in the morning and sleep all night...

avahsmommie

Asked by avahsmommie at 3:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's the 10 million dollar question isn't!
    Mine's 9 months almost 10 months and he still wakes twice a night as well. So I can't really help you. However I do find that if I just break down and feed him, he and I both lose less sleep. Mine at least is only waking because he is hungry.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My youngest is 6 months and she wakes up twice a night to eat. I've cut back on her naps during the day though, she'll sleep for about an hour in the morning and maybe 2 in the afternoon. Then, I'll put her to bed around 7 and besides her waking up to eat twice she'll wake up about 7 in the morning. I also try to fill her up as much as possible before bedtime lol with cereal.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• So sorry, my almost 4 mos. old gets up all the time in the night. She barely even naps during the day and at night is up every 3 hrs, sometimes way more. I work full-time and it is utterly exhausting, but I'm getting used to it. I feel like I'm up all night and then have to turn around to go to work. Ugh. I think in a year or two I'll look back on this and think 'it wasn't that bad.' As a baby my mom says I only slept for an hour at a time 'with one eye open' so I guess I'm getting mine.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Unless you are the one keeping your baby awake, (which I know you're not...lol) then she is getting plenty of sleep. A baby knows how much sleep he/she needs and how much food he/she needs. My son woke up every hour on the hour to eat (and ate every hour during the day) until we started solids.
    Just remember that it will not be this way forever. Make sure she has a full belly before bed time and maybe try putting her down later so she can sleep in later. My son does not go to bed until 10pm (because I work late) and sleeps in until 10am. I never messed with his schedule and he sleeps through the night and has since about 9 months.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2009