Worried about the climate change bill...

Has anyone else read about this? It was passed in a test vote and will be on the floor today it looks like. Those who oppose it say it will be the largest tax increase in American history. What say you Cafemomers?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/26/AR2009062600444.html

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 4:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's hasn't passed YET!!! There are some "fence sitters" trying to negotiate deals! The fence sitters want to be able to vote "no" but still have the bill pass, so as not to tick off their constituents...aren't they nice?! (sarcasm)

Politicians....they want to be able to have their cake and eat it too! ugh.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I cant read it right now, it would give me a headache. I just think its funny politicians think they will legislate climate change....lol
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is anything funny about how much this could cost each and every one of us... I am really nervous. I heard something like TRIPLE energy costs. Can you imagine with the state of the economy already, tripling your electric bill? Course by the time those prices come along, maybe some of this will have improved. So what then, we backslide just back to where we are now? The fact that the bill has made it to the floor AT ALL with how long, complicated, and negative it is really scares me. (I have heard there are no tax incentives for clean energy, only regulations on what is deemed unclean...)

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 4:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I reading a BLOG, of someone who is ALWAYS quite accurate in what they post, but since it's a BLOG I know better than to post it! LOL

Anyway, it seems that as of 4:05PM Barney Frank has the floor, and is adding "placeholders" to the bill--where "things" can be added LATER after it passes!!! In effect Congress would be signing a "blank check!!!"

Some Congressmen want to see certain sections of the bill, but Democrats are stalling, saying they don;t have copies of it?!?!?!? WTF???? THIS is Congress in action!!

I understand that if it doesn't pass today, and gets delayed, that Congress goes on vacation Next week (4th of July holiday)?! That will push the bill back into the fall when the reconvene...by which point the economy will be that much further in the tank, and they'll be getting closer to the 2010 campaigns/re-elections.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Terrified.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Lori, may I have your bloggie link please? I promise I won't laugh.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• The hold outs are not wanting to vote for it because this bill is very unpopular and they want re-elected. Nancy is threatening to withold DNC funding for their campaings so she is putting them into a no win situation.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Pelosi is a freakshow bitch from hell
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I've never been a Pelosi fan...

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• You can watch live streaming video on cspan

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN_wm.aspx
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2009