pain meds while pregnant

i have a perk 10 and im 14 weeks pregnant. i have been in so much pain for days.. i want to take 1/2 but i dunno if it will hurt the baby.. i cant get in to see my doc til next week!!!! they told me i could take 1/2 last time i was pregnant, should this time be any dif???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd say if you have any doubts about it just call and ask the nurse. If they said that it was okay last time then I don't see why it would be different this time around.
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I wouldnt take it at only 14 weeks unless I was in DYING pain!! I was on perc from 35 to 38 weeks with my daughter but by that point her fetal developement was done besides weight & lungs and the perc doesnt affect either of those. It is in pregnancy category C so that is pretty unsafe
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I had to take percocet off and on starting at the end of my 4th month due to kidney stones. My doctor told me that being out of my first trimester I was ok. I was still extremely nervous, but I was in agony. What are you having pain from? Also, can you call your doctor and confirm it is ok to take? My script was written for me knowing I was pregnant. Category C drugs generally are only given if the risk from not taking them is deemed greater than the risk from taking them. There really haven't been any studies done on the effects from this drug. That being said, my son was born healthy and is almost 2 now, but I still sometimes worry if there will be any effects from it that show up later. Best advice, only take it if you HAVE to, with the consent of your doctor, for peace of mind.
    Anonymous