When will the economy rise and when will there be more jobs?

I never got a job on my own, I tried last year with no luck. I don't see anyone hiring or anything being done to stop unemployment but then again I am ignorant to that kind of stuff... When do you think the economy will rise? When do you think unemployment will decrease? Why? What has Obama done to help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• 2012.
    Anonymous

• When the tax law stops rewarding companies for sending our jobs overseas.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Jan 21st 2012
    Anonymous

• The recruiting that I speak with in my networking group believe that unemployment will hit bottom in about six months. It will take about 18 months for the economy to come close to rebounding.

Less than 1/2 of the available jobs are advertised; you can't get a job on your own, you need to network.

I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Economists have been predicting 2010 for the start of a recovery.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

When companies, even small businesses in your neighborhood, stop being taxed to death and regulated to death by the government and have to do business overseas to make enough of a profit to make it worthwhile to even go to work at all.

Then there'll be more jobs.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2009