what should i do

i think my mucus plug has came out and im 35 and a half weeks along should i call my Doc.

Mrs.NewMommy303

Asked by Mrs.NewMommy303 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no you dont have to call your doc but tell him at your next appointment, mine came out at 27 weeks and i didnt go into labor until 39 weeks...... so it dont mean you are doing into labor or anything.... no one knows what makes you lose it anyways and all ur doc will do is ask you what it looks like and all that... if you feel fine there is no need to call but if u are worried about it call there is no harm in it thats why ur doc gets paid to make you feel better and to re insure you
    Anonymous

• No. THe mucus plug can grow back, mine did when I lost it around 37 wks. I didn't go into labor until 39 wks.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• meh, ide still call em just to give them the update.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• when you loose your plug, if you DONT go into labor in 24-48 hours it will grow back. just watch out for contractions or water leakage for the next two days. I would also call your OB for an update, though they will probably have you come in for an apt and check your cervix.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 6:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• THEY COME OUT WHEN THEY WANT TO BUT IT WONT MEAN YOU ARE IN LABOR JUST TELL HIM ABOUT IT
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 8:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2009