Sliding screen door

I am trying to find a sliding screen door for my french doors. There is a track there, but when we moved in there wasn't a door. I want to buy one, but I can't find them anywhere. Lowe's has them, but they don't sell them at the Lowe's near me and so it won't even give a price. I have no idea how much they even cost. Does anyone know of any other stores that may sell them? Home depot doesn't have any screen doors at all.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lowe's can order you whatever you want if it's not in their store. They should also have a catalog in that department (I used to work at Lowe's years ago). They sell just about everything as far as home improvement goes, but they can't always carry everything.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I bought sliders from Home Depot several yrs ago ~ I have 3 sets of double french doors ~ They are just the same as the ones for a sliding glass door. This yr. I want to get the retractable screen door for my bedroom doors so I don't have to the metal frame of the 2 screens in the middle when both doors are open.
    nookers

Answer by nookers at 5:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I work at a millowork distributor. We get homeowner calls and they get referred to lumberyards that are local. Try a local lumber yard. Or call the manufacturer of the french door - there's usually some kind of code on one of the corners of the glass that can tell you who made it. They can refer you to someone.
    cleo1969

Answer by cleo1969 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I was going to suggest what cleo stated about contacting the manufacturer of your french doors.
    Best of luck!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2009