Ever made a decision...

In your marriage/relationship that changed the entire dynamics of it just so you could be happy? Meaning like if you divorced or ended it, even though the other person didn't want a divorce, there were children involved, and there was enough hurt and pain to last a lifetime.

Would you end everything just so you could be happy? Meaning that in the long run you'd be a mother, friend, and some day a better spouse to someone else? Would you stay just because you're in your comfort zone, or fight for your own personal happiness.

I'm in a tough situation right now. I want a divorce and I haven't been married that long, but we've been together a long time. I've voiced my opinion and have told him I want a divorce, he's in denial. I have met someone else, that came into the picture after I made my announcement. Now we're ready to give up all the mess and drama to be with each other, but is it worth all of this for me to be happy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• If you're not happy, then leave. If I wasn't happy in my marriage and that feeling wasn't going to change, I wouldn't hang around.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• yes and I divorced, took my 3 kids and found happiness elsewhere. I never regretted the decision.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I can relate. I will not leave my husband. If I did get involved in a relationship, it would be a year after the divorce. I would be absolutely clear on what went wrong. That's what I'm doing now, before I even think about leaving. I decided to reduce anxiety and eliminate my depression., using every resource at my disposal. I started about six weeks ago and I can honestly say, I am much happier and healthier by using the tools I have. I am thinking more clearly, less reactive and able to control my words and behavior. I see a counselor am completely honest about my behavior, feelings and thoughts. When we are strong enough on our own, we will attract and be attracted to, the right person. It may even be our husbands! Until then, I am making no decision.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i would leave my husband if i wasnt happy but not the kids. They would go with momma
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 7:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Were you happy before yal got married,no I would not leave my DH to jump in bed with another man,when you are married,how are you looking at another man.
    Anonymous