Do you give your child pedia sure? If so, how often? (once a day, 3x a day, once every other day, ect.

I am wondering how to put weight on my child w/out giving him too much sugary things, but this pedia sure seems (even the off brand) rather expensive.

merryheart

Asked by merryheart at 5:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son drinks it 4 times a day, be was a preemie and still playing catch up.... my doc said normal is once in the am and once at nighttime.... also another good way to get them to gain weight is pasta and potatos
    Anonymous

• my daughter is drinking pediasure 4 times a day...she got it through wic and thats what they recommend she drink they said if she wants more dont hold her back...shes 4 and weighs 27lbs
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• our doctor just made us go on it..it is expensive but the doctor told me to give him THREE a day! I don't because he eats great and I just add Olive Oil just a tad to his good fatty foods to boost the good fats...I give him one to two a day but I only put half in his 8oz sippy and I water it down to make him think he is getting it all.
    Anonymous

• Here is a nutrition and calorie packed "treat" that you and your child can make together: Dad's Sneaky Pudding
    Makes 2 servings
    This recipe was created by Earthsave International' s Chair of the Board of Directors, Louisville Lawyer and chef, John Borders.
    • 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
    • 1 banana
    • 1-2 tsp. carob or cocoa powder
    • 2 tsp. flaxseed oil
    • 3-5 Tbsp. nut butter (cashew or almond)
    • 2-3 Tbsp. orange juice or other healthy juice such as carrot juice
    • 2 Tbsp. fortified soymilk
    • 1/8-1/4 avocado
    Set your little companion up on a stool beside you, ready to toss in the ingredients and push the button. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. This works best in a food processor; you might add a bit more juice or soymilk if you use a blender. Blend until smooth.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My daughter was ion 3 a day and they just dropped her to 2 a day. If there arent any oproblems with weight yet, and you are just trying to kepp nutrition up I would start at 1 or 2 a day, it seems any more than that is reserved for kids that have trouble with weight. When my daughter was back up to a normal weight was when they dropped her down again. If you qualify, WIC will help pay for it, but you have to get aletter from yor Dr requesting it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My doctor wanted us to use it at -2 cans a day she was 15 months at the time. We never did it because we can't afford it. She said an alternative for us was to add 3-4 tablespoons of powdered whole milk(We use Nestle Nido in the Spanish section at Wal-Mart) to her whole milk. 2-3 times a day and to focus on a high calorie diet. she suggested Avocados, which can be used in sooo many ways. In fact the sneaky chef uses them a lot! Also Olive ooil on her veggies noddles and even bread. I also like to give mine a high cal smoothie:
    1/2 banana 2-3 strawberries 1-2 tbs PB 1/4 avocado 3/4 cup whole milk yogurt 1-2 tbs whole milk powder.
    Also the whole milk is good for a lot of things like mixing in oatmeal or a bowl the yogurt with granola.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2009