Working Moms.

Are you as exhausted as I am? I am up all night with my almost 4 mos. old and then have to turn around and go to work. If you work full-time when did you start feeling less exahusted?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Once your baby sleeps better it will be much easier. This was true for me even with my twins. Hopefully your baby will settle down into a good sleep pattern soon. Until then, you do what you can to get some extra sleep whenever you can. You can tell hubby he has to watch the baby on his own one or two nights a week so you can go to bed early and get some much needed rest; even if he doesn't get up during the night he can let you go to bed a couple of hours early and it will help some. On the week-end try to catch a nap when the baby does and maybe even give hubby or some other family member a baby watching shift so you can take a nice long nap. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Oops, I didn't really answer your question. My oldest was a good sleeper by 7 weeks, so I didn't have too much trouble when she was an infant. With my twins one was a good sleeper and one was not; I started feeling less exhausted around 6 to 8 months with them. It got even better around a year, and by the time they hit 18 months it was not bad at all.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Thank you! She is an ok sleeper, she's still up every 3 hrs. to eat and sometimes will stay up crying due to gas or if she is sick. I feel so tired, esp. by Friday. I'm amazed I can even function on so little sleep.
    Anonymous

• I do remember the sleep deprivation too well! Your daughter will be dropping a night time feeding pretty soon, and that will make things a LOT better for you. Hang in there. You can make it!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Well, I learned to adapt because mine never really became a good sleeper. I never needed much sleep anyway, but I can make do on loads less now.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009