Have a pain on my right breast should i worry im 19 years old!!!

well i was thinking of going to the doctor to get a mammogram but i dont feel a lump or anything it just hurts when i push my breast in could it be cancer ive been worrying alot!! Please give me some advice!! Thanxxx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Health

• I have heard that if it hurts it isn't cancer, but I don't think this is a rule. Possibly it is a blocked milk gland or a cyst. Don't panic, but do get it checked out. This would be better than worrying.

Answer by Bmat at 5:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I would get it check out, but at 19 it could be your hormones. Some girls get pains in their breasts during puberty, I did. They hurt really really bad, then at age 15 the pains stopped suddenly. Then started back up after I turned 19. Both times I went to the Dr. and she told me it was hormones. With you it is probably nothing, BUT it is much better to get it check out. So go to see your Dr. and get a pap done at the same time, if you haven't gotten one done in the past year!
    Anonymous

• You should be doing a monthly self-exam. Have you noticed any changes?

You should see a doctor just in case...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I have fibrocystic breast changes, and they can be painful but it is a completely benign condition. It can be aggravated by caffeine also. You should just have it checked out by your dr to be sure and to put your mind at ease. They will probably just do a clinical exam, probably not even require a mammo or ultrasound.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2009