Why is *god* invisible??

So today my grrls were asking me about god in the car... (we are atheist)... they wanted to know what god *looked like*... first we talked about how no one has ever seen god- and that is ONE of the reasons why we don't believe in *it*... then they wanted to know why... "Is god hiding?" "Why would hide" I asked? "Cuz he is afraid of people"... they said- cuz we are so dangerous/mean etc... hehehehe
So my ?? is really- WHY has no one ever *seen* *god*...? If there really is one (and I am not doubting myself here- just playing devil's advocate- that is what I get called all the time by you all anyway LOL) WHY would no one have ever seen it?? And don't feed me that *we can't handle it* BS/ the burning bush that Moses saw was god etc- honestly- WHY would no one have EVER seen anything that didn't have to be taken on FAITH to be believed. [I think to base your entire life on invisible power is risky to say the least...]

mtnmama111

Asked by mtnmama111 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You cannot see what does not exist. Plain and simple.
    Anonymous

• I know the Bible states that if a human were to lay their eyes upon him, he would certainly die.

What's wrong with having faith? I think proof is in the pudding, so to speak.
    Anonymous

• I really don't think anybody is going to be able to give you an answer that you consider "satisfactory", honestly, I don't. I'm not religious, but they way you worded your question and the restrictions you automatically put on the answers you'll accept just comes across that way to me. So it seems pointless to me, but I hope somebody is able to give you something that you'll accept or at least be able to entertain.
    Anonymous

• www.gotquestions.org

this will answer a lot of your questions you have, great website
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but I have no problem in putting my entire life in the very capable hands of my Heavenly Father. I don't need to "see" God to SEE GOD! I see Him everytime I wake up,and look in the mirror. I see Him everytime I look at the man He set aside for me,and blessed my life with 20+ years ago. I see Him everytime I look at my 3 children, which He blessed me with,and gave me the ability and the knowledge to raise them. I see Him everytime I look at my 2 granddaughters, who are the next generation of our family,and just do nothing but bring pure joy to my life. I see God everytime I look outside,and see the amazingly beautiful world He created for me to live in, enjoy,and use. I see Him everytime I open my Bible,and know I can study His word,and worship Him as I please,without fear of retribution. I see Him everytime I think about Jesus returning to take me to be with them forever.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am far from religious but if you could see "God" their would be no need for faith. If you could see him, you would believe and then follow, not because you wanted to but because if you didnt hell would be your next destination so to speak. I am with you personally, so much I dont understand or believe myself, I question everything and even if I could see him, I would not worship, I dont worship anyone. I am not built that way LOL. If I was born in any other time than now, I would have been burned, stoned, hung etc...

But on the flip side, if he was to how himself, it would stop alot of the worlds hate, intolerance, fighting, wars etc. Or maybe not.. Im sure we would find something else to fight about. I hope this makes sence.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I believe in more then one God. Father God doesn't take a form very often because he doesn't want or need to. However, Mother god has been seen by many people. Some people even believe that all of the sightings of the virgin Mary are actually of her. I don't necessarily believe that. But, no matter what anyone says, you will believe what you want. You even told your children 'we don't believe in him because you haven't seen him," so your mind is already made up.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I see God everyday. I see him in the sunshine, the animals, my boys ...even myself. God is everywhere, in everything. He is with us.

but of course, This is a pagan perspective.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• God is part of the unseen. He has been heard by hs prophets/messengers . Like when he spoke directly to Moses. His face is only for the true believer after the resurrection.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• what outstandingLove said! and a little more.
    Anonymous