• In the Spotlight:

Bankruptcy and Debt...

If you file bankruptcy , Chapter 13 , and had a debtor on there (that you list as a secured debtor as they have the title to your automobile as collateral) and the debtor incorrectly files their share of the paper work and is not paid by the court because of their (debtor) mistake is it your responsibility to pay same said debt again?Since you followed procedure and paid like you were supposed to?

And before you go bashing and calling me an idiot I know i need to talk to my lawyer I have been trying for 2 weeks and they are in a diffrent state so I can't just barge in when they make lame excuses as to why he can't call me back or talk to me. I just need a lil advice possibly from someone who's gone through this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• go to like freecreditreport.com and get there phone number and ask one the people there they should be able to help you, when I filed and had some issues like that, they explained what I had to do, so I would start there since you can't get aholod of a lawyer.
    You will most likely have to sign up for the free credit deal to get the number but if you cancel withing 30 days they wont charge you, good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• im just so exhausted I can't spend all friggin day on the phone and I call at random times, try blocking my number, and not giving my name, (guess they know my voice it's a VERY small office) and I HATE HATE HATE when they say I'll have him call you just as soon as he's done with the client's he's with... They told me that today at 3:40pm I got tired of waiting at 4:40 he's still with same clients that had been there since 2 according to the secretary... I call again at 5 on the dot and it's the dang answering machine UGH! Call Debtor with title and they said we filed the papers so you have to pay us again... (THEY KNOW THEY FILED the wrong papers!! I am so frustrated!I'll pay what I owe not the problem..The problem is paying twice! Thank you for the advice for freecredit.com but i don't see how they can help. I thought they just monitor your credit..
    Anonymous

• I guess there isn't enough drama to draw any advice for my measly little post.. I just figured theyr may be a few with SOME experience to tell me to relax it's ok or that im just totally screwed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2009