Is there anything legit? Is there anything that really works?

I am seriously and ultimately desperate! I need money Im broke, Im pregnant don't have a job and have a sixteen month old. Are there any work at home jobs online that dont require ivestments that realy pay you I can dedicate many hour I need something and fast! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

zoeilyy

Asked by zoeilyy at 7:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• yes I want to help you message me and I will give you some detail about distributing brochures and making money on Smoke Away or you could get a amazon astore look in Cafe Mom under fans? if you want to see mine Cheer up!
    http://resources.rbc.org/odb/pda/
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 7:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am a demonstrator with Gold Canyon. It has little to no start up fees and many incentives and more. You can view my website at www.mygc.com/inspirationalscents or www.goldcanyon.com also. Please let me know if you have nay questions about anything.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• The reality is Direct Selling companies like those listed above aren't going to make you REAL money! You'll work hard trying to book shows or get customers but people will only by so much of stuff they can't afford right now. You'll spend more money trying to find customers and booking parties than what you make at them.

REAL LEGIT, work out of your home and receive a paycheck for each hour you work are almost impossible to find. Those that work at home like this are established with the company they are with for YEARS.

Look into programs that will help you get free career training in your area, they usualy have day care services as well....apply for medicaid and other help to keep you afloat and once properly trained in a field you can get an actual job that will pay a real paycheck!
    Anonymous

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I agree with anonys point of view of selling stuff, most stuff is impulse stuff and not stuff needed for survival.

I on the other hand can say there is a need to bring down medical bills(works additionally with insurance in most cases).

Anony is completely incorrect about hourly work at home though, American Airlines, Uhual, AAA, 1 800 flowers can all a test that.

And hate to break it to anony but the state paid for my traing for job that is thought be a scam many times.

Find an educated mentor like the gal above me.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• anon42 has it only half right. If you choose a company that makes sense, that people can afford, that has replenishable merchandise and a large selection for members of the whole family you can do very well. I sell Avon and manage a large team of sales reps and we're all doing well right now. It depends on how much work you would like to put into it as to how much money you'll bring home. There are lots of ways to sell. You aren't limited. You can sell traditionally, online, host fundraisers, do vendor booths, host parties.... there are lots of ways. Its also only $20 to start just go to www.start.youravon.com and use ref code dhullum PM me for questions! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If you have some people you think would buy Avon is cheap to start up and pretty flexible. I liked it better than mary kay because the products are less expensive and mary kay wanted over $100 to start and to do parties and bug all my friends. Just make sure not to buy stuff for yourself from there. I ended up spending to much LOL. You can drop off books at curves, laundry mats, offices. (anywhere that they will give you permission.) The meetings they had in my area were kid friendly and you might not make a fortune right away, but it'll help and it's not too time consuming. You're also welcome to work with me for Ameriplan. I'm happy with it. Feel free to check out the links on my profile for more information.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my honest suggestion is to look into virtual assistant positions online or if you're willing to do the work and make the effort, get started in direct selling, Avon costs $10 and it doesn't take much time at all. If you know people who are interested in skin care, a huge selection of cosmetics, jewelry, shoes or even the occasional shirt, you've got customers. I used to do Lia Sophia which was overpriced costume jewelry, no one would do a party for me because no one I knew went anywhere to wear the stuff. With Avon, you can establish a base of customers that will get addicted to the products. I love it and I love selling it.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 2:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• This is Anon 42 again. See the problem I'm talking about is with something like Avon is there are reps living on EVERY STREET. 6 on mine alone. And to make any REAL decent money you'd have to buy hundreds of brochures, get them into peoples hands, try tons of "cute" advertising techniques (but they also cost money, maybe not a lot, but they cost money....example a t-shirt saying "I sell Avon" well you have to buy the shirt or use vista print and pay $6 for shipping) plus you'd have to recruit like crazy. And recruiting isn't as easy anymore because, again, SO MANY PEOPLE ALREADY DO IT.

I sold Avon for 5 years, most campaigns I spent more on brochures, bags and samples than what I made....and I was a unit leader for years too. The reality is, if you are BROKE, have NO money for food or a place to live AVON is NOT going to make you $300 plus a week to pay bills when you first get started, if ever! It never did for me....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2009