I know I'm not the only one!

Please tell me I'm not the only mommy who occasionally gets sick and tired of not being able to GO TO THE BATHROOM BY MYSELF!!!??? I've got a 18mo who comes on in and says "hi" and wanders around and occasionally wants a hug! MY 7yo isn't that much better. It's like she can hear my zipper and chooses that time to stand at the door and ask me questions that make no sense or could wait until I get out. I just want to pee in peace! (But I accept that that won't happen until they both are in college =)

mmmommy0207

Asked by mmmommy0207 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My 3yr old is still all over me. It's hard enough trying to shave yourself in the third trimester. I can't reach down there, let alone see. Wobbling all over the tub and then she just swings in like it's no big deal. LOL I just gave up on even trying to shave anymore. Her dad is good about trying to keep her out, but if she doesn't listen he wont get off his butt and do anything about it. Then, my hormonal butt is the mean one for yelling. Whatever, trust me, you're not alone! I think every mom goes through it.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Yup! you are not alone! I look forward to going when she's asleep! LOL My dd is 19 months old and comes in and watches everything... or sits on her little potty and pretends to pee too! Then she gets us BOTH tp! One day she'll leave me alone and i'm not going to have my "helper" anymore LOL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Haha. My 15 month old stands at the door and fake cries if I don't let him in. While I in the mean time and saying go get daddy! daddy wants you. lol DADDY CALL HIM. haha my goodness. Just let me pee. Its not my son that bothers me. Its my husband that doesn't understand why I want to take a shower alone or pee alone, but gets mad if I don't return the favor and take the baby away from the bathroom when hes in there. lol. Ah love. haha
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My daughter is 5 and I am waiting for the day I can go to the bathroom alone. She tries following my husband in there too. He locks the door and she stands outside the door yelling "daddy are you going pee-pee or poop-poop?" , and tries looking under the door. My 5 year old is a peeping tom!!!!
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Lol, sounds like I'm the only one who doesn't really mind. My dd is 2 and she always follows me everywhere (for the most part). I don't mind it at all.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 8:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My kids waited outside. We all wanted privacy from a young age. No way would I leave the bathroom door open. Privacy,ladies!
    Anonymous

• If I don't let him in there when I go, he will just stand at the door SCREAMING his ever loving face off. It doesnt help that his grandparents don't shut the bathroom door when they go either, so when I do shut it, he yells at me. LOL...
    I'll just remind him that he didn't let me pee in peace when his sister grows up and peeks in on him LOL
    Anonymous

• That's why I always locked the door. I refuse to have kids in the bathroom with me, even when they were toddlers. And I would turn the water on so I couldn't here their crazy ramblings. They used to sit outside the door and scream until I was done.
    For me, the bathroom was the only room that locked and it was the only place I could get away from 3 toddlers so I took advantage of it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Once my youngest learns to walk, I am SOOOOOO locking the door behind me! For now, to make sure there is no slaughtering of the other, I let my 2 year old follow me. I usually distract her by telling her to brush her teeth or I get her to go see what her sister is doing. I'm fast in the bathroom, though. On occasion, I get a juice cup and the milk jug brought to me...ugh!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• LOL. My 2 year old thinks it's the greatest thing in the world to follow me into the bathroom. And if that wasn't bad enough, he'll bend over and try to look at what's going on down there! Then he just giggles and runs off for 5 minutes!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 8:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2009