How long did you breast feed?

I have seen a thing on youtube of a woman doing it for her 5 year old AND HER 10 YEAR OLD! How long did you/are you gonna breast feed? Whats the longest you have heard of?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 8:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• #1 was 9 months, stopped because I needed surgery
    #2 was 4 months, stopped because she had medical problems
    #3 was 14 months, stopped because he wanted to. He got a taste of cow's milk and mommy's wasn't as good.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 8:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I can't speak for anyone else. They suggest at least a year. I nursed for about 7 months until I went back to work. Used formula and then went to milk. A lot of people say they have problems with the switch, but my daughter didn't really mind either way and had no problems taking a bottle. I think doing it when they're really old is crazy, but I think it is a choice. I just don't like it when they nurse 5yr olds in public. If you choose to do that, you could at least use a pump.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• nursed till my son was 4
    Anonymous

• I breastfed mine until they were 8 months old, then formula for 4 months, then cows milk.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Lol, I'm all about extended BFing but yeah, I think that's way extreme, I saw the british lady that had a 6 and 8 year old? But not 10. I mean 10? They're almost hitting puberty for God's sake! Lol.

My dd is 2 and we still nurse. We actually just day weaned (mutually), but she still night nurses. I'd nurse her another year, but after that it's time to be a little self sufficient! Lol.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 8:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Like a month. Never exclusively except for the first 2 days.
    Anonymous

• # 1 was for 6 months...my supply slowed and so she wasn't getting enough to eat.
    # 2 was for 9 months...my supply slowed because of my diet....which I did not realize at the time.
    If I decide to have another one until I can't nurse them anymore. I would never nurse at 10 years old!!! And probably not 5 either. But anything younger that I would, but only at night and home!!
    shell_287

Answer by shell_287 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2009